We’re looking for a tribe of young, restless, creative and passionate problem solvers united by an obsession to simplify the daily lives of South Africans. Our Bursary Programme is for the bold and ambitious individual who want to lead change.
Who we are
We’re a bank that believes banking is about people and by helping our clients manage their financial lives better, we enable them to live better. We believe banking should be simple and our mission is to shape the future of the banking industry by being client-centric, energetic, driven trailblazers, using cutting-edge technology.
What is the Bursary Programme about:
Our Bursary Programme offers a comprehensive financial and academic benefit to individuals who aspire to or are currently studying. You will have access to our world-class business leaders who stand ready to support you on your academic journey.
To put your learning into practice, you will be invited to our Holiday Programme to work on real business problems. After graduation, our Work Readiness and Onboarding Experience will help you transition successfully into our business.
The qualification disciplines we are seeking are:
• Actuarial Science
• Quantitative Risk Management
• Human Resources
• Behavioural Science / Behavioural Economics
• Design (Graphic, User Experience, Web)
• Engineering (e.g., Chemical, Industrial, Electrical, Civil or Mechatronics)
• Business Analysis and or Data Analysis
• Data Science
• Machine Learning
• Information Technology (e.g., Computer Science, Software Development and or Systems Development)
Discover the perks of our Bursary Programme:
• Financial Support: Tuition, Books, Accommodation, and Stipends
• Work Readiness and Onboarding Experience: Support to transition into the world of work
• Personal Development: Building your brand and access to Mentors
We are looking for individuals who are:
• Proactive problem-solvers: A go-getter who seizes opportunities takes decisive action and proactively identifies solutions.
• Has a Growth mindset: Willingness to continuously learn, develop new skills and embrace opportunities for personal and professional growth.
• Challenge the status quo: Courageous to question the status quo and are eager to find innovative solutions to make a positive impact.
Getting into the Nitty-Gritty:
• Must be a South African Citizen (13 Digit SA ID Number)
• Must have obtained a National Senior Certificate
• Must have a clear credit and criminal record
• Willingness to be based in Western Cape (Stellenbosch) and/or Gauteng (Sandton/JHB)
• As Capitec is committed to diversity, applications to the Bursary Programme will strictly be considered in support of our employment equity goals
Prioritise yourself! Apply for our Bursary Programme today and take the first step towards a brighter future!
Advert and other details:
• Open date for applications: 5 June 2023
• Closing date for applications: 18 June 2023
• Bursary sponsorship year: 2024