Capitec Bank, South Africa’s fastest growing retail bank, wants 15 exceptional people to join our Graduate Development Programme (GDP).
A Capitec Bank person questions convention. We believe by helping people better manage their financial lives, we are playing a part in the banking revolution.
Help others find a better way to bank and join our Graduate Development Programme. You will get a 360 view of our business and find out how we are quietly going about making banking simpler and better.
- You have a keen interest in understanding how a successful business works
- You are innovative in responding to business and client needs
- You can decide upon and initiate appropriate action
- You have the drive to deliver results and meet client expectations
- You are motivated to work with and relate well to others
- You can adapt and respond to change quickly
- You enjoy networking
- You have a clear credit and criminal record
- Permanent Employment
- Relocation support
- Study leave
- Career development resources
- Life Cover
- Structured training
- Structured personal development
- Rotational Programme
Who We Are:
At Capitec, we’re so much more than a bank. We believe that banking is about people and that there’s a simpler way to bank. By helping our clients manage their financial lives better, we are playing our part in the banking revolution.
We offer our best by being a CEO in every situation – we always put the Client first, act with Energy and take Ownership. We make it a priority to ensure that each Capitec person feels known, valued, focused and has the opportunity to grow.
Join Us in Becoming the Best Bank in the World!
We love what we do – it takes a great team, commitment and dedication to build a brand that we are proud of and that our clients trust.
We continuously look for talented, driven individuals to help us innovate and evolve the banking industry. We focus on finding the right people for the right jobs.
What the Bursary Programme opportunity is about:
Capitec is committed to supporting people in being their best, we make it a priority to ensure that each Capitec person feels known, valued, focused and has the opportunity to grow.
By joining Capitec’s Bursary Programme, scholars / students will be afforded such opportunity through means of academic financial assistance. After successfully completing your studies, you will be appointed as a permanent member of the team that sponsored your Bursary.
We believe in creating a unique match between you and the team that you will be placed in to ensure we unlock your full potential.
- Must be a South African Citizen (10 Digit SA ID number)
- Must have obtained a National Senior Certificate
- Must be interested to study towards completing below qualification (see requirement below)
- Must have a clear credit and criminal record
- Willingness to be based in Western Cape (Stellenbosch) and or Gauteng (Sandton/JHB) after successfully completing studies.
- As Capitec is committed to diversity, applications to the Bursary Programme will strictly be considered in support of our employment equity goals.
Qualification Requirements in the following or similar disciplines:
- Business Analysis and or Data Analysis
- Actuarial Science
- Operational Research
- Behavioural Science / Behavioural Economics
- Marketing & Communications
- Design (Graphic, User Experience, Web)
- Engineering (e.g., Chemical, Industrial, Electrical, Civil or Mechatronics)
- Information Technology (e.g., Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Software Development and or Systems Development)
- Human Resource (e.g., Human Resource Management, Psychology, Psychometry, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Anthropology, Behavioural Psychology)
- Project Management
- Risk Management
What the Bursary Programme Offers:
- Job shadowing and insights into the Capitec way of work
- Academic support and mentorship
- Accessibility to Employee Assistance Programme for career and financial guidance
- Permanent Employment
Bursary Application Phases in ATS:
- Shortlist (Assessments Phase 1)
- Shortlist (Assessment Phase 2 & Video Interview)
- Holding Phase
- Shortlist (Line Manager Interview)
- Shortlist (Background Checks)
- Shortlist (Candidates to be offered Bursary Agreement)
- Successful Candidates (Accepted Bursary Agreement)
- Unsuccessful Candidates (Declined Bursary Agreement)
- No longer interested to pursue studies
- Alternative Bursary received before being offered a Bursary at Capitec
- Not willing to disclose
Candidate Application Questions Asked by Leap.ly:
- Why are you interested in Capitec’s Bursary Programme (max 250 words)
- What are you passionate about, and how do you see this opportunity allow you to bring your passion to life?
- What are your career aspirations?
- What are those characteristics that makes you unique and how do you see them adding value to Capitec? (max 250 words)