We started in South Africa, in ’91. Back then, change was coming. Along with its challenges came the chance to invest in a better future. Our journey through that time taught us to recognise and embrace change and uncertainty. Change taught us to be bold. Resilient. Agile.
To believe that active investing can be a force for good.
Today, we manage R2.65 trillion* for our clients globally. We still see the world from a different perspective. Whether it is the rise of the East or the rise of the machines, we’ll always seek to make the best of it. Best for our clients, best for our company, and the best for the world we live in. We are investing for a world of change.
We began as Investec Asset Management, a small start-up based in South Africa offering domestic investment strategies. In 2020, almost three decades of growth later, we de-merged from Investec Group to become Ninety One, an independent asset manager listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges.
While our name may have changed, we’re still the same firm. We offer distinctive investment strategies spanning equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and sustainability to help institutional investors, those advising others and individuals navigate an ever-changing world. All of our employees have the opportunity to own part of the firm. We also have our founding leadership in place. Our distinctive owner culture allows us to commit to building a long-term, inter-generational business. It supports a business fully aligned with our clients’ long-term investment objectives
*as at 30 September 2022
Ninety One is an equal opportunities employer. Our imperative is to attract and retain the best talent by providing a corporate environment where people from varying backgrounds can develop professionally and build a rewarding career.
At Ninety One, we believe the best way to learn is by doing. So, from day one of our Emerging Investment Talent Winter Vacation Programme, you will gain exposure and insights to our industry and global investment team.
Our 5 day Emerging Investment Talent Winter Vacation Programme offers students, who are in their penultimate or final year of studies, the opportunity to gain exposure at an international firm and understand what it means to be a global investment manager. You will be given the opportunity to network with our experienced and collaborative investment professionals.
The programme is an opportunity for Ninety One to get to know you in a real-world environment.
- Applicants who are passionate about pursuing a career in asset management
- The programme is open to penultimate-year or final year, Honours and Masters students
- Applicants with a strong academic track record at school and university (including Grade 12 English and Core Mathematics)
- We are open to all degrees
- Programme dates : 17 July 2023 to 21 July 2023
- Programme location : Cape Town
- Applications open : 1 March 2023
- Applications close : 30 June 2023
Risk and Compliance Responsibilities
- Adhering to the Code of Ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, market abuse, etc.
- Ensuring Compliance training, declarations and relevant forms are completed on a timely basis
- Ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected
- Reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, complaints or conduct issues.
- Reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime such as market abuse