About GenA Chief Operations Office and Strategic Business Initiatives 2024 – 18 month contract
Kick start an exciting career path in the Absa Corporate & Investment Banking engine room that fuels the success of our various front office businesses. This is an exciting opportunity to become a part of teams that are at the fore-front of enabling the change journey that the world of work finds itself in. In these business units you will be working with some of the sharpest strategists and subject matter experts in the various areas of expertise, who are passionate about our bank’s success as well as the future of our country, continent and the world that we live in.
Who we look for
Innovative, analytical and bright minds that are prepared to back themselves to win and who are passionate to join an organisation creating value across the banking industry. Who want to be part of a structured development graduate programme that will connect you to colleagues across the continent, equipping you with the skills to be self-empowered and cross-culturally competent. You will master the art of design thinking mindset while applying novel and adaptive thinking that will prepare you for the future world of work.
The various business areas include:
• Business Enablement Services, which entails areas such as Fraud Strategy, Client Onboarding, Procurement, Chief Controls (Governance, Risk Management), Transactional Administration, Data, Agile Project Management, Resilience
• Strategy and Business Transformation Office
• Environmental Social Governance
• Private Side Structuring
The opportunity will provide:
• A 10-month leadership development journey which focusses on; personal leadership, personal branding, design thinking methodology, digital agility innovation and disruption, team effectiveness, strategic and analytical problem solving
• Exposure to one of Absa’s Africa regional offices.
• Absa Force For Good (CSI) initiatives
• First hand coaching from line leaders, business mentors and peer coaching from the cohort members and GenA Alumni to guide you and enable your career progression throughout the programme
• Business and behavioural coaching from a well-established corporate educator
• Involvement in Action Learning Project that address real business opportunity and challenges
Successful incumbent will have sound business acumen and passion for Investment Banking.