About GenA Global Markets 2024
Please note that this an 18-month contract.
Get a broad set of skills by rotating across different Markets Trading and Sales desks throughout the 18-month programme. Based on your preference and business needs you could rotate across a selection of these areas within Global Markets: Fixed Income, Equities, Foreign Exchange, Structuring, Credit, QA, and Prime. You have the opportunity to get exposure to the growing African market in which we operate.
Who we look for
You are wanting to work in a dynamic environment that will give you exposure to a network of professionals who will help guide and enable your career progression. You want to be part of a structured development programme that will connect you to graduates from across the continent giving you the skills to be self-empowered and cross-culturally competent. You will master the art of a design mindset whilst applying novel and adaptive thinking that will prepare you for the future world of work.
The opportunity will provide:
• A 10-month leadership development journey which focusses on; personal leadership, personal branding, design thinking methodology, digital agility innovation and disruption, team effectiveness, strategic and analytical problem solving
• Exposure to one of Absa’s Africa regional offices.
• Absa Force For Good (CSI) initiatives
• First hand coaching from line leaders, business mentors and peer coaching from the cohort members and GenA Alumni to guide you and enable your career progression throughout the programme
• Business and behavioural coaching from a well-established corporate educator
• Involvement in Action Learning Project that address real business opportunity and challenges