IQbusiness is the leading independent management consulting firm in South Africa, helping clients overcome their business challenges and achieve sustainable growth. Since 1998, we have been enabling banks, insurance companies, retailers, and others to take their products to market faster, improve customer satisfaction, upskill teams, eliminate waste, and strengthen governance and compliance.
Drawing on our core strengths – consulting, research and contracting – we use this flexible approach to solve clients’ problems by providing innovative, fast, and cost-effective solutions, backed by teams with real expertise and proven experience. We boldly challenge the status quo, and as architects of transformation, we help businesses reimagine change as an opportunity for growth.
While we are a for-profit company, our purpose exists far beyond the bottom line. As a certified B Corporation, we are committed to using business as a force for good by helping people, organisations, and the entire African continent to grow.
What better way to kick start your professional career with IQbusiness, the leading independent management consulting firm in South Africa?
Our 12-month internship programme is designed to give passionate graduates the opportunity to hone their abilities and garner valuable experience, by exposing them to the workplace and letting them work on a variety of projects.
We will support your growth and learning with experience, exposure, and education.
- Completed Matric
- Completed undergraduate Tertiary Qualification
- Have a Drivers' License and a willingness to travel
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The day-to-day activities of consultants are often complex and will vary depending on the client and type of project. You may work alone on some projects, while others will involve a large team and could be based in one location or across various sites
- Exposure to various Consultant role types include:
- Technical roles – the roles involved in applying combined functional and industry expertise applied to core concepts, tools, approaches and methodologies
- Project roles – this involves the design and delivery of client solutions. Here you will perform assigned work activities in terms of clearly defined work plans under close supervision
- Client facing roles – the role involved in delivering on business solutions already sold.
- Internal roles – working on internal projects and strategic initiatives
- Typical tasks, particularly for new graduate recruits, involve:
- Carrying out research and data collection to understand the organisation
- Conducting analysis
- Interviewing the client's employees, management team and other stakeholders
- Running focus groups and facilitating workshops
- Preparing business proposals and presentations
- Assisting to identify issues and forming hypotheses and solutions
- Implementing recommendations/solutions and ensuring the client receives the necessary assistance to carry it all out
- Liaising with the client to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions
- Quality Analysis for all project work
- Participate in all communities of interest and Town Halls
- Excellent communication skills - written, oral, facilitation
- Ability to conduct presentations
- Leadership Skills – strategic thinker, people management
- Be a creative and analytical thinker
- Be highly driven and able to self-manage in a fast-paced environment
- Build rapport and develop effective working relationships with clients
- Be resilient in dealing with resistance to change