BDO South Africa has a vacancy for an IT Audit Trainee to join our IT Audit Division in our Durban Office.
The IT Audit Trainee is responsible for work assignments from start to completion within the allocated time frame and to an appropriate standard (quality).
The IT Audit Trainee will be responsible for the following:
- Performing IT General controls within a IT environment and focusing on reviewing logical access management, program change control and data processing management.
- Evaluating the design and effectiveness of manual and automated controls.
- The IS Audit Trainee should be able to explain what goes into an audit plan and how to gather evidence through interviews and validation.
- Participate in client meetings and engage with the client while executing on the audit
- The IS Audit Trainee should understand the BDO audit and risk management process for documenting work and findings.
- Keeping the IS Audit management team and the client aware of any potential delays on the audit and knowing when to escalate
- Validating all IT Audit findings before the IT Audit Report is Drafted and sent for review
- Participate in meetings with the client and the Audit team
- Giving feedback to IT management team about the audit when required, escalates problems to managers promptly