Top 50 by aspirational employers
Top 3 by
Top 50 by aspirational employers
Top 3 by
- Nedbank Group's primary market remains South Africa, however, we are continuing to expand into the rest of Africa.
- We have a presence in six countries in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) and East Africa region where we own subsidiaries and banks in Namibia, Swaziland, Malawi, Mozambique, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, as well as representative offices in Angola and Kenya.
- In West and Central Africa we follow a partnership approach and concluded the acquisition of an approximate 20% shareholding in Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI) in 2014, enabling a unique one-bank experience to our clients across the largest banking network in Africa, comprising more than 2 000 branches in 39 countries.
CA TRAINING PROGRAMME
You're not like other trainees and we're not like other training programmes. With the Nedbank CA Training Programme, you have the opportunity to tailor your rotations and adapt your articles to your desired career goals, while also having access to coaches and mentors to support your professional growth.
Furthermore, we place great value on the principles of leadership and transformation, which are firmly ingrained in our business culture, and encourage our trainees to participate in and avail themselves for events and seminars.
Join the Nedbank CA Training Programme, where you can make a purpose-driven impact. Train Differently.
The Nedbank CA Training Programme is trainee-centred and values-driven, offering a unique opportunity to trainees for taking ownership of their development journey and creating a platform to be the difference that impacts our world.
The programme is unique in that trainees can choose their own rotations, aligning their exposure to their career goals and maximising their chances of fulfilling their potential. The programme caters for those who already know where they want to go, while also providing room for trainees to explore different areas of the bank in pursuit of finding where their interests lie.
The programme affords trainees opportunities to be at the forefront of strategic decisions around marketing, recruitment, and social events. Through trainee-driven committees and management support, trainees lead and provide support for all programme initiatives, exposing them to professional skills including project management, events management and public speaking – all of which are invaluable in becoming a well-rounded CA.
The Nedbank CA Training Programme – it’s not only the best way to do your three years of articles, but also the best way to make a difference!
CORPORATE INVESTMENT BANKING GRADUATE PROGRAMME
Boasting some of the top experts in corporate and investment banking we have a proven track-record in the industry. Our philosophy and passion for diverse thinking sets us apart, making us the right place to start your career!
We see our graduates as part of our leadership pipeline, and that is why our graduate programme offers the following:
- A six-week investment banking foundation programme offered by an international service provider.
- An 18-month programme covering elements such as personal leadership and the latest developments in fintech and design thinking methodology, thereby offering you the opportunity to be involved with a Nedbank CIB-endorsed corporate social investment project as well as action learning projects.
- An opportunity to travel to two international destinations (one in Africa) by the second year of the programme for the top-five graduates.
- Permanent employment upon acceptance of the Graduate Programme offer, providing you with a unique Nedbank experience.
- Standard employee benefits and an opportunity to engage with top-management teams about the vision for CIB
By joining our Nedbank CIB Graduate Programme, you’ll have:
- The chance to accelerate your career by working with top industry leaders;
- Exposure to theoretical and practical training;
- Access to an alumni network of peers, based on a joint performance experience; and
- The opportunity to learn how to effect changes in big business through disruption and innovation
QUANTS GRADUATE PROGRAMME
The worldclass Nedbank Quants Graduate Programme offers exceptional prospects, developmental opportunities and benefits to graduates. The programme is unique in that it allows you to tailor your journey to your career goals. Graduates get the opportunity to rotate across the bank during their two-year programme. Our proven track record of high retention rates is testament to the support that they receive.
If you aspire to have an exciting career specialising in quantitative and capital risk management, joining this tailormade graduate programme will help you achieve your dreams by opening up opportunities for you. You will have the chance to be rotated across several business areas for a period of up to two years, being extensively exposed to a broad range of quantitative risk management techniques, such as model development, model validation, scorecard calibration and stress testing. Even though you will join the various business units at an entry-level position, you will be treated as an indispensable member of the team. Your work will include the development and maintenance of models that form an integral part of our business processes, as the advanced risk measures produced by these models inform the bank's decision making and strategy.
With this programme we pride ourselves on developing global business leaders with an entrenched social awareness and a vested interest in their surrounding communities, while being part of a bank that seeks to use financial expertise to do good.
AT NEDBANK WE BELIEVE IN USING OUR FINANCIAL EXPERTISE TO DO GOOD BY HELPING BRIGHT YOUNG LEADERS TO PURSUE THEIR ACADEMIC DREAMS.
The Nedbank External Bursary Programme aims to fund academically deserving students who do not have the financial means to study fulltime towards a first undergraduate degree or diploma at a South African public university or university of technology. Bursaries are awarded to address scarce and future skill requirements in South Africa broadly as well as with specific focus on the financial sector.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
1. We will consider applications from only South African citizens.
2. You must have a proven financial need, as determined by household income.
3. Past academic results:
a. A minimum academic average of 65% in the year that you are applying for the Nedbank bursary, ie in grade 12 or at university level.
b. A minimum academic average of 65% for the required subjects aligned to the qualification you plan to study at university.
4. We will not consider applicants who completed their grade 12 or senior certificate with Mathematics Literacy.
5. You must have successfully obtained admission approval to a South African public university or university of technology for the undergraduate qualification you plan to study.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED IN SUPPORT OF YOUR APPLICATION
1. A certified copy of your South African identity document.
2. Your most recent academic transcript:
a. Grade 11 end-year results, as well as your mid-year results if you are currently in grade 12.
b. Grade 12 end-year results as well as your mid-year results if you are currently in your first year at university.
c. Your last academic year results as well as your current mid-year results if you are currently in your second or third year at university.
THE APPLICATION AND SCREENING PROCESS
We accept applications online via the relevant link provided. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
We screen bursary applications against the Nedbank External Bursary selection criteria to shortlist applicants.
THE PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS OF SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUESTED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Give written consent that they understand that personal information will be requested and given to third parties who will assist the Trust with verifying income.
2. Complete an income and expenditure statement for the combined family income.
3. Give certified copies of the following within seven working days, in a single batch:
• Identity documents.
• Certified or official copy of recent payslip, letter of employment, not older than three months, for each parent or guardian.
• Proof of income, bond statement and council rates accounts (not older than three months) if parents or guardians are informal traders or hawkers.
• IRP5, IT3 and IT12 (past two years) if parents or guardians are earning commission.
• Copy of an official pension slip or bank statement if parent or guardian receives income such as pension/grant/maintenance/rental/interest from investment (not older than three months).
• Copies of divorce certificates, where applicable.
• Copies of death certificates, where applicable.
On completion of the document review process, shortlisted applicants will be requested to do the following:
• Participate in psychometric and other assessments.
• Attend an interview.
When the screening process is completed, the applications of eligible students together with their screening results are presented to the Nedbank Education Trust for review. Bursaries are awarded at the sole discretion of the Trust.
We will give feedback about applications to all applicants when the process is completed.
Online applications to: www.nedbank.co.za/bursary
CA SEMINAR EXPERIENCE
The Nedbank CA Training Programme invites you to attend its first-ever virtual CA Seminar Experience from 9 to 11 December 2020.
This is a career-defining three-day journey that will expose you to the exciting world of CA articles in the banking environment. This experience will redefine your CA journey and harness your potential to be a game-changing business leader.
Rethink your potential and make an informed decision about your future.
Ensure that you are one of the 20 ambitious delegates who will experience virtually what the Nedbank CA Training Programme has to offer.
Your virtual Nedbank CA experience will enable you to:
- connect with Nedbank’s purpose, culture and values;
- interact with senior Nedbank executives, programme management and trainees currently in the CA Training Programme;
- gain insightful professional, leadership and personal branding skills; and
- be challenged by a wide range of relevant financial services activities that will elevate your business acumen.
Applicants must be in their final undergraduate year of a South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)-accredited Bachelor of Accounting or equivalent, who are studying towards a CA(SA) qualification.
NEDBANK QUANTS EXPLORATION PROGRAMME 2020
A mind for numbers can change the future
Come be a #YoungDifferenceMakers
Would you like to embark on a three-day journey of one of the trendiest career paths?
Nedbank wants to give you the opportunity to explore the role of a quantitative analyst.
We want to offer you insight into what your future as quant could look like. Don't miss out on this exclusive exploration programme opportunity!
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to accelerate your journey towards a prosperous career. Be one of our 20 delegates to experience this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity virtually.
Date: 9 - 11 December 2020
Applicants must be undergraduate students in their final year of a mathematics, statistics, applied mathematics, engineering or any other quantitative degree pursuing an honours or master’s degree in any of the above-mentioned fields in 2021.
Visit www.nedbank.co.za/quants to apply.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions