SAICA Trainee Accountant – 2023/2024
How to apply for a SAICA training contract
You will need to please supply the following in one document when applying:
- Full CV
- Copy of your identity document
- Copy of your matric certificate
- Copy of your full academic records
- Have completed Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Accounting Sciences (CTA level 2) by start of articles year.
- Be academically strong and preferably have accounting and mathematics at matric level
- Must be in possession of a valid South African identity document / work permit
- We are looking for Trainee Accountants with real commitment, a strong work ethic, a willingness to develop expertise, and a can-do attitude.
Duties of the trainee accountant
The trainee accountant must:
- Diligently serve the training office in the profession of a CA(SA) or AGA(SA) and, where applicable, an RA;
- Diligently pursue his studies in the theory and practice of the profession and notify the training officer immediately should he cease to be registered for course that would lead to the eventual award of an accredited degree or an accredited bridging programme;
- Not engage in any other business or occupation during the currency of his training contract without the express written authority of the training officer;
- At all times keep the affairs of the training office and its clients confidential and not breach any codes of professional conduct, disciplinary rules or by-laws that apply to the profession of a CA(SA) or an AGA(SA) and, if applicable, an RA;
- Comply with the provisions of these Regulations;
- Comply with the training office policies and procedures;
- Complete any timesheets;
- Complete any assessment documents timeously and correctly as prescribed in Regulation 27; and
- Fully cooperate with the training officer in disclosing to SAICA any circumstances which in the opinion of the training officer may constitute punishable conduct on the part of the trainee accountant and making available to SAICA all information regarding disciplinary procedures in the training office in which the trainee accountant may have been involved, including the record of those procedures.