Who are we?
Sanlam Group Technology is responsible for the provision of a digitally enabled technology service as a group COE, drive business and transformation and provide group-wide digital and data architecture. We operate the various technology platforms and shared services, ensure Cyber and Information Security resilience, and act as technology governance and risk orchestrator for technology across Sanlam.
What will you do?
During your time in the Academy, you will receive ongoing technical and soft skills training in a professional environment. You will also receive guidance through peer coaching and mentorship from subject matter experts in the Sanlam IT & Business Intelligence (BI) teams to ensure that you are well-equipped to become successful and grow in your chosen career.
The Academy will allow you to work cross-functionally, providing you with the opportunity to learn and acquire knowledge across various disciplines and be equipped with a diverse skillset. Through the functional training and hands-on experience with the leading IT & BI tools and technology, you will play a key role in Sanlam’s strategy to modernise the IT agenda.
What will make you successful in this role?
We are looking for independent and self-motivated individuals with strong analytical skills to join our 24-month graduate programme. You must have the ability to present yourself competently and professionally, work efficiently, meet deadlines, and prioritise competing responsibilities.
A basic understanding in some of the following will be beneficial:
- Programming languages and frameworks such as Python, Java, .Net and SQL
- Data analysis, modelling and visualisation
- Business and process analysis
Undergraduate or postgraduate students in their final year in the following disciplines will be considered:
- Degrees in Technology such as BCom, BSc, BTech (i.e. Information Technology / Information Systems / Computer Science)
- Degrees in BCom, BSc, BEng (i.e. Data Science or Analytics / Finance/ Actuarial Science / Engineering)
- Final year students or recent graduates with no professional working experience
- Graduates with not more than 12 months of post-university professional working experience
- Any work experience obtained as part of a work-integrated learning programme will not be considered as professional working experience referred to above
Knowledge and Skills
- Database Knowledge
- IT Data Analysis
- Data Security
- Risk Management
- Reporting and Administration
- Decision quality – Contributing dependently
- Demonstrates self-awareness – Contributing dependently
- Interpersonal savvy – Contributing dependently
- Manages complexity – Contributing dependently
- Optimises work processes – Contributing dependently
- Plans and aligns – Contributing dependently
- Being resilient – Contributing dependently
- Collaborates – Contributing dependently
- Cultivates innovation – Contributing dependently
- Customer focus – Contributing dependently
- Drives results – Contributing dependently
The job posting will close on 30 June 2021. The shortlisting process will commence once applications are closed.
Remember to upload an updated CV and academic transcripts for the duration of your studies when applying as we will not be able to process your application without this information. Please double check that you have uploaded the required documents before finalising your application.
The recruitment process will commence in July and conclude towards mid October 2021.
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
30 June 2021