Top 50 by aspirational employers
Top 3 by
Top 50 by aspirational employers
Top 3 by
We are a purpose-led diversified financial services company with over 200 businesses headquartered in South Africa, with a strong presence in 34 countries on the African continent, India, Malaysia and selected developed markets.
We have been creating value for stakeholders since 1918 – for more than 100 years – with all our efforts centred on helping our clients live with confidence. As a Group we are committed to promoting financial inclusion, transformation and empowerment through our broad product and financial advice offering, inclusive culture and partnership approach. Our financial solutions and products include the following: financial planing and advice; insurance; wealth management; retirement solutions/fund administration/health administration; asset management; credit and structuring; health insurance and wellness. We have a proven track record of delivering superior value to clients, employees, shareholders and broader society.
The Group's business clusters - Group Office, SA Retail Affluent, SA Retail Mass, Corporate, Santam, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments Group, and Fintech house the Group’s business operations. The Group Office provides strategic direction and support to the four clusters, assisting them in realising their strategies and meeting their business objectives
Calling all Matriculants and Actuarial students
For 100 plus years we have been in the business of planning futures – it is more than our job, it is our trade. Our attitude is one of proper dedication to doing what we do exceptionally well. To ensure you live with confidence.
Actuarial bursaries / Actuarial Funding
Part of our commitment to our trade is recognising that for one to be a master in their trade, support is a key ingredient.
Who are we looking for
Current full time Actuarial Science students (SA citizens and non-SA citizens) who are in their 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of studies. If you demonstrate academic ability and a will to succeed, then you are just who we’re looking for.
If you are a whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge by solving difficult problems and are willing to remain focused and disciplined through years of studying and training, then you are just who we’re looking for.
What do we offer
- Tuition and accommodation fees
- General allowance (Books and pocket money)
- Mentoring and academic support from Sanlam actuarial professionals
- Vacation work and networking opportunities with Sanlam staff
- Guaranteed employment after completion of studies
- Continued support and payment towards actuarial board exams
- Range of work rotation opportunities across a broad spectrum of disciplines
What do we require?
- Academic results:
- Full academic Transcripts
- Proof of registration and/or Fee Statement
- Copy of matric certificate
- Copy of ID/Passport or valid study Visa
- Comprehensive CV focusing on Academics, Extra-mural activities and Leadership skills
- A motivation to support your application that answers the following questions:
- In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
- Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
- If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
We are committed to embracing and accelerating transformation. In accordance with Sanlam’s employment equity plan, preference will therefore be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups (Black South Africans i.e. African, Coloured and Indian scholars) as well as non-SA citizens on merit.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
To qualify, your diploma or degree should cover at least one of the following disciplines: Accountancy/Auditing; Actuarial Science; Engineering and Analytics; Economics and Management (Marketing, Sales); Finance, Corporate Finance; Humanities (including languages, and the arts such as English, Foreign Languages, Drama, Fine Art); Law; IT (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Informatics, Programming).