Top 50 by aspirational employers
Top 3 by
Top 50 by aspirational employers
Top 3 by
Africa is our home, we drive her growth. What does this mean for a brand that is 158 years old? It means that we know, understand and believe in Africa and all her opportunities. We see the potential she has for our people, our customers, entrepreneurs and those who are as passionate about this continent we call home. We’re in the business of finding new ways to make dreams possible, and together, we believe that It Can Be.
Our family extends across 20 countries in sub-Saharan Africa and we nurture some of the most skilled, innovative and creative minds in the industry. Our purpose is to drive Africa’s growth, we are a catalyst for inclusive and sustainable economic growth in the countries we operate, and we make life better for our fellow Africans by doing business the right way. We’re more than a bank, we’re a trusted partner who is constantly raising the bar to do better and be better.
If this sounds like somewhere you belong and a place you can thrive and make a real difference, then it’s time to join the Standard Bank family. We’re looking for the dreamers and the doers. We’re looking for the future thinkers and achievers. We are looking for the trailblazers and the innovators. We’re looking for you. Dream.Do
Innovative and resilient graduates, who have a deep passion for wanting to drive Africa forward.
The Standard Bank bursary fund is designed to promote academic excellence and shape the next generation of African talent and African leaders within South Africa and the continent at large.
The Standard Bank Group bursary fund considers undergraduate and postgraduate studies. Bursary beneficiaries will be required to work for Standard Bank if in the event they receive an offer of employment by the Bank upon graduation.
Minimum selection criteria:
- Applicants should be in their second year of studies or later.
- Applicants must have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations (mid-year / June).
- Applicants must be registered for full time undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements of the University
- Applicants will be required to participate in a formal assessment process including but not limited to Psychometric evaluation and an interview.
- Financial need is considered in applications.
You can apply using one of the following options:
- Please note: All 2020 applications are closed. 2021 applications open from 1 April to 30 September 2020
- Mail: Write a letter containing your name, surname and a valid postal address and postal code to: Standard Bank Bursary Programme, Studietrust, Private Bag X16, Braamfontein 2017
- Email: Send an email explicitly requesting a Standard Bank bursary application form, and containing your name, surname and a valid postal address and postal code to: email@example.com
- SMS: Sms the word STANDARD, your name, surname, postal address and postal code to 31022.
- Website application: Fill in an online application form on: www.studietrust.co.za
Youth Development and Employment Programmes (YDE)
If you are interested in any of the following YDE programmes:
Kindly apply below. Please note that this is merely an indication of interest and does not an constitute application for a programme. Standard Bank will contact you when programmes formally open for applications to verify your continued interest in the programme and request any further information that may be required.
Must have completed the following subjects with a minimum of 60%:
Graduates, Learnerships and Internships
We consider the following undergraduate and post graduate qualifications:
Bachelor of Arts
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to TransactionFraudOpsSA@standardbank.co.za