About Unilever South Africa
Unilever South Africa (Pty Ltd) is one of the largest FMCG companies in South Africa. The Company is over 100 years old, with brands like Sunlight, OMO, Lux, Knorr, Vaseline, Shield, Sunsilk, Flora, Stork, Domestos and Lifebuoy that are household names throughout the country. Unilever South Africa has over 3 500 employees based across two offices, including an Africa hub in Johannesburg and six manufacturing locations in Durban. The company is rated as one of South Africa’s top employers. For more information visit about Unilever South Africa and its brands, please visit – www.unilever.co.za. For more information on the USLP: https://www.unilever.co.za/sustainable-living/.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home Care, Personal Care and Refreshment products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2.5 billion consumers a day. It has 169,000 employees and generated sales of €52.7 billion in 2016. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes all over the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan underpins the company’s strategy and commits to:
* Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being by 2020.
* Halving the environmental impact of our products by 2030.
* Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
The USLP creates value by driving growth and trust, eliminating costs and reducing risks. The company’s sustainable living brands are growing 50% faster than the rest of the business and delivered more than 60% of the company’s growth in 2016.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2017 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2017 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the seventh year running. Unilever has pledged to become carbon positive in its operations by 2030.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com. For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
Want to be a part of redefining the future of work? We are looking for talented, purpose-led individuals to join our talent community. Join our community, and we will notify you first about any of our exciting upcoming opportunities, as well as keep you up to date with life at Unilever.
Any degree welcome! No matter who you are, or what you are passionate about, there is a place for you at Unilever.
Some of the opportunities that may present themselves as part of the talent community:
- Be a part of the gig-economy revolution and work with Unilever as a freelancer on various business projects.
- For those with an entrepreneurial mindset, working hard to develop their start-ups, we may want to partner with you. Unilever works with start-ups through our Unilever Foundry to develop strategic partnerships and encourage local economic growth.
- There will also be opportunities to develop your future-fit skills, as we will send you interesting learning content which will help to prepare you for the future of work as a part of our Level Up Youth Employability programme.
- We also have various student programmes to help ignite the leader in you. We will let you know when these opportunities open next year, as well as keep you up to date with what our students and grads are up to.
- Opportunities for project based part-time work while studying full time, to gain invaluable work experience
We know that the future of work looks very different. There are many opportunities at Unilever to grow and impact change in the world. From Graduate opportunities to Internships; from direct placement full-time roles, to Freelancer work as part of the open talent economy. No matter what you are looking for, you can find it at Unilever. Join our talent pool and we will let you know as soon as we have an opportunity suited to you.
Unilever invests in the future and in developing tomorrow’s business leaders. So join the internship that offers continuous business mentoring and hands-on responsibility in one of the most successful goods companies in the world.
The four week business project will give you access to business leaders, on-boarding and professional training, coaching and mentoring as well as a very competitive salary.
The most sought-after internship programme.
Key facts about the Unilever Internship programme
Location: Durban & Johannesburg
Duration: 4 weeks (during the January & June University vacation periods)
Eligibility: Any students studying towards a bachelor’s degree or higher from second year onwards (all degrees and faculties welcome)
Key highlights: Networking and mentoring from senior Unilever leaders, real business projects, access to Unilever’s world-class training programmes, competitive remuneration.
More information @ https://www.unilever.co.za/careers/graduates/unilever-internship-programme/