Established in the early 1900s, Werksmans Attorneys is a leading South African corporate and commercial law firm serving multinationals, listed companies, financial institutions, entrepreneurs, individuals and government.
Operating in Gauteng and the Western Cape, and a member of the LEX Africa Alliance. The firm has a formidable track record in mergers & acquisitions, banking & finance, and commercial litigation & dispute resolution, we are distinguished by the people, clients and work that we attract and retain.
Our lawyers constitute a powerful team of independent-minded individuals who share a common passion and service ethos. A strong culture of teamwork and collaboration exists across the diverse skills base of our organisation. The people of Werksmans are invigorated, inspired beings.
Our culture is the framework around which we have built our coveted reputation as one of the oldest, most prestigious law firms in Africa. This reputation speaks to the calibre of corporate and commercial lawyers who make up the firm; many of whom are recognised as experts in their fields by their peers both locally and abroad.
Werksmans is at the cutting edge of corporate and commercial law in South Africa. We offer a full spectrum of corporate and commercial legal services. These services are structured into two main business streams:
- Corporate and commercial legal services, which provide transactional and regulatory services.
- Litigation and dispute resolution, focusing on litigation and alternative dispute resolution in the form of mediation and arbitration.
Our firm is differentiated by its focused approach to work and service ethos of lean and highly-skilled teams. Our legal services span all economic sectors and business activities, including:
- Banking & Finance
- Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment
- Business Crimes & Investigations
- Construction & Engineering
- Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions
- Data Privacy
- Dispute Resolution
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Infrastructure, Energy & Projects
- Insolvency, Business Rescue & Restructuring
- Intellectual Property
- Investment Funds & Private Equity
- Labour & Employment
- Land Reform Restitution & Tenure
- Media, Communications & Technology
- Mining, Environmental & Resources
- Pro Bono
- Property Law and Real Estate
- Sport & Entertainment